Meet the Umbrella Insure team
From our Manchester HQ we have a dedicated team of advisers who between them have over 60 years’ experience of addressing the insurance requirements of umbrella, payroll and associated contractor services.
The team has a vast number of umbrella companies as clients and are on-hand to assist with your enquiries.
Caunce O’Hara are FCSA partners and have a detailed understanding of the UK employment supply chain. No case is too small or too large for us to handle.
Meet our dedicated and experienced team...
Head of Umbrella Insure
Adrian can trace his involvement with freelance contractors back to 1987 as an IFA specialising in this sector. He joined Caunce O'Hara in 2009, moving into general insurance broking. He has first-class market knowledge of umbrellas and freelancers and tax legislation.
Umbrella Account Executive
Mark has lead our Umbrella & Payroll insurance team for 11 years. Mark's expert knowledge of the umbrella market has enabled us to provide comprehensive insurance for over 100 umbrellas and recruitment agencies, covering over 200,000 contractors.
Nigel Johnson BSc Hons
Umbrella Account Executive
Nigel has been with Caunce O'Hara since graduating in 2014. His experience of providing insurance to freelancers and contractors through our Scheme and our Umbrella provision make Nigel a driver of the ongoing success and future growth of our Umbrella team.
Louise Trappe Cert CII
Umbrella Account Handler
Louise has worked with at Caunce O'Hara since 2005 and is an expert insurance account handler for contractors and the Umbrella & Payroll and Recruitment industry market sectors, making her an invaluable part of our Umbrella insurance team.
Andrew Wells BA Hons ACII
Andy has been working within the corporate insurance sector for over 10 years and attained full chartered status early on in his career. Specialising in assessing risk for large corporate businesses, Andy has developed through the company to now lead the corporate department, focusing on the strategic direction and growth of Caunce O’Hara.
Chris Caunce ACII
Chris has been an insurance broker for 35 years. He first insured freelance contractors in 1989 and set up an online scheme for freelancers in 1998. In 2000, he saw the emergence of umbrellas and negotiated an exclusive insurance wording for the industry.
He was also the first broker in the UK to be granted an underwriting binder for umbrella companies. Now on our 19th version of the wording, he is seen in the insurance industry as a leading expert in umbrellas.
10 great reasons to choose Umbrella Insure:
- We’ve provided insurance protection to more than 100 Umbrella companies for over 20 years.
- We were the first broker to develop a bespoke insurance policy with a specific policy wording to meet the needs of those in the sector – currently in it's 19th version of the wording.
- We’re constantly adapting in line with market conditions and HMRC regulation to enable us to meet your every insurance need.
- We genuinely care about the Umbrella sector and have a vastly experienced team of dedicated professional advisors to help you thrive.
- Our product range includes Professional Indemnity, Liability, Legal Expenses, associated Block policies, Office covers, specialist recruitment policies and more.
- We insure trades considered ‘high risk’ by others such as Rail, Construction, Off-Shore, Aviation, Oil & Gas, Healthcare
- We have FULL underwriting authority on behalf of insurers meaning that we can set annual rates accordingly.
- Our efficient, dedicated in-house claims team will assist you when your insurance is called upon.
- As members of FCSA we have our fingers on the pulse for any future regulatory changes to tailor our products and services accordingly.
- The cost of insurance is often the second largest overhead an umbrella company will incur – we’re here to bring this down.